New Year, New Resolutions at Eddyline Restaurant
Happy New Year! As we welcome 2015, we are able to reflect on how far we have come since our beginnings, better ways to serve our customers, how to improve and expand sustainability practices while staying current with industry trends. In light of the New Year, we want to share our top five resolutions with you!
1. LOCAL INGREDIENTS. Since the beginning, it has been our mission to provide customers with local, high-quality ingredients. In 2015, we want to increase our partnerships and continue to support local farmers and ranchers in order to offer you seasonal ingredients and delicious menu items.
2. COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS. It’s not only a passion but we feel it is our duty to support local charities and other businesses in our community. We will continue and increase sponsorship’s for charity initiatives and host events at Eddyline Restaurant such as the Whitewater Winter Music Series, monthly wine tastings and four-course dinners to support local charities and bring our community together.
3. INDUSTRY TRENDS. We will stay current with industry trends to offer our customers an assortment of menu items that meets your needs and wants. Including menu items for people that suffer from food allergies, healthy alternatives and house-made ingredients and beverages.
4. ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY. We are making great strides in protecting our environment and will continue to improve our practices as we grow. Most of our food scraps are now being fed to pigs at The Crowded Acre. In addition, we have initiated recycling procedures to reduce waste at the restaurant. We will continue to expand our recycling practices and make environmentally conscious decisions.
5. OUR CUSTOMERS COME FIRST. We have the best customers and we want to continue to serve you the best we can by listening and acting upon your feedback, wants, needs and desires when it comes to dining at Eddyline Restaurant.
New Year, New Management
Meet Sara Schwan, new Manager at Eddyline Restaurant!
Photographed with her sister Kim Schwan on the left, who also works at Eddyline Restaurant.
Sara grew up in Arkansas and moved to Buena Vista a little over four years ago from Phoenix. When she applied to the Eddyline, she actually had very little experience in the restaurant industry. With Sara’s drive and authentic personality, we decided to give her a chance! Sara explained “since then, Eddyline has been a great company to work for.”
She also loves Buena Vista and everything about this wonderful community. In her free time she loves to go hiking with her boyfriend and their dog, Gemma, work on their new home, travel near and far and spend time with her family and friends, especially her two adorable little nieces. Next time your dining at Eddyline Restaurant make sure to say hello!
From Our Kitchen to Yours
Now that the hectic holiday season is behind us, it’s time to get back on track with our eating habits. Below are a few of our favorite healthy recipes that we want to share with you!